Sunday, June 29, 2008

My absolute first ever post.

Hi! Welcome to my blog. This is my first post, and I'm posting it as I'm watching Platinum Weddings on WE. My fiance, B, and I got engaged about 3 months ago at Disney World. We're not really "Disney" people per say, but we did have a fabulous trip and plan to go back soon (the first part of out honeymoon to be exact).

This morning, we left the house at 8:30 a.m. to scope out St. Mary's, a potential church for our wedding ceremony. I had attended a play there when I was going trough RCIA classes to become a Catholic. Only, I wasn't sure exactly where it was, so we brought his gps along. When we pulled up to the church, we parked and walked around to get a look of the grounds. It looked nice, so went in. This did not look familiar, so we asked an usher to show us to the main sanctuary. This still did not look familiar. So we proceeded to sit down and wait for Mass. Thankfully, B looked down at the program to find we were actually at First Presbyterian Church of Royal Oak, NOT St. Mary's. Thankfully, we were able to duck out and make it to St. Mary's in time for 9:00 Mass. I lost it laughing as we were leaving, and I'm sure the kind usher who showed us around was completely confused by our behavior.

We like St. Mary's but are going to continue to attend a different church each week until we find the right Parish and ceremony site.

No comments: