Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm just saying...

I'm not saying anyone cheated, and I'm not saying everyone was completely honest...all I'm saying is that some of the scoring in the gymnastics at this Olympics has appeared very anti-American. This article and this article sum up what happened the other night in the woman's uneven bar competition, but I think this
Photobucket
actually sums up what happened!

I'm pretty disappointed for Nastia. However, she has really handled the controversy with such class and grace! What a wonderful representative for our country! In fact, the whole team is great!

Photobucket

The queen:
Photobucket

And how cute is Shawn Johnson? LOVE HER!
Photobucket

4 comments:

lml said...

I was really disappointed in the results but like you said, props to Nastia for handling it so well. I love her and Shawn so much!

Julie said...

I so agree! I have spent a lot of time yelling "WHAT?!" at the TV when the Chinese women (or girls?) received high scores even with many baubles and mistakes. I LOVE Nastia and Shawn... and I have a little crush on Nastia's dad... heehee...

Screaming Meme said...

I agree too! I'm having a "faux" class that is starting come join in the fun! Screaming Meme

Anonymous said...

Firstly I wanna say you got a cute blog,and was readin this post,and I desagree 'bout what you said...i just dont get it why does american people always think that someone else never can be good enough,or american is always the best of the world,that american never make mistakes in life...i did watch this date where the chinese girl won at gymnastics...the amercian was pretty good,and 4 a minute i thought"she got it",her performace it was really good but the problem is that you guys do not accept to be second in any way...and probably when you read my comment you will think...omg wtf she is talkin bout...but is true and change your mind 'bout some things dear,cuz dosen't exist only USA in the world.