Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bridesmaids and NFP

As promised, I am going to recap the Nat*ural Fam*ily Planning (I don't want this blog to pop up every time a nice Catholic couple researches NFP) lecture we attended last Wednesday. We really enjoyed it! I was sooo nervous going in, but the couple who taught the class were wonderful. We sat in the front and I answered many of the questions during the first half of the session. This part was mostly on the Sacrament of Marriage. I love learning about the Church's teachings on marriage, because I really want Catholic values to be apart of our marriage.

The second half of the evening was dedicated to the actual practice of NFP. It was an overview and therefore if I decide to use NFP, I'll attend another more in-depth course. I feel like I get the idea of it though, and I understand my body a bit more. I still have questions and because of a medical condition I need to speak to my doctor before I consider making any changes. One thing I know for sure is that I (we) aren't ready for a family quite yet. My two young cousins will be enough for right now! Oh and, Semi-Slacker Mom, your comment on this cracked me (and my fiance) up! I really don't want to be The Duggars!!!!

On to bridesmaid dresses. I can't get it together and just pick one already! Anyone know of a good quality designer? What did you all have? Right now I'm looking at mainly Badgely Mischka gowns and I can't seem to choose! My sister and my other bridesmaid, A, are going with me again on the 26th to take a look.
The two I like:

I also like these two from the Enzoani Love collection:



I really love the back of the first one! My dress is silk taffeta and the second Badgley dress is the same material. My friends think I should go with satin for the bridesmaid dresses do my dress really pops. What do you think?

8 comments:

i. me. mine said...

My husband and I practice NFP. We have been married for 6 months now and it works wonderful. As long as you practice it correctly and monitor your body it is more accurate than the birth control pill.

jlc said...

Wow love ALL of those picks!

Milltini said...

Hi! I just found your blog...some suggestions for bridesmaid dresses would be: Jenny Yoo, Melissa Sweet, and Amsale. All have beautiful dresses! Good luck!

Unknown said...

I love the first one! Beautiful! What are your colors? I missed that!

Glad you got a kick out of my comment! I couldn't do NFP, I didn't ovulate on my own. I also had to do fertility with the first 2. Plus, I'm not that good at math.

Lipstick said...

So interesting about NFP (but just between us I am totally fascinated with all things Catholic).

Posh Peach said...

These dresses are gorgeous!

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

Beautiful dresses! I especially love the 1st one!

Have a great time in Chitown this weekend! The weather won't be as warm, but it should be nice!

:) PLD

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

Wow, I can see why you are having a tough time, they are ALL gorgeous. I actually kinda like the last two -- I know, no help.