Thursday, January 7, 2010

Home!

I returned to the frozen tundra (Naples was actually pretty cold the few days before we left, but "cold" is relative) Tuesday morning. My trip was fantastic! The above photo was taken Christmas Eve at my step-mom's party. From left we have me (wearing my new Jessica Simpson hairpiece. LOL. Seriously and its amazing. I was enjoying cosmos that night and I can tell how much by looking at my face here!), my step-brother the Doctor, and my two sisters! My other brother arrived a few days after Christmas.

We did a lot of relaxing on this trip. We also enjoyed the pool, the beach, great food and 12 days with our big, crazy family! My sister and I just really enjoyed spending quality time with our dad. I miss him so much sometimes, but I think its great that he lives in a town I love to visit!

On New Year's Day, we had the most beautiful sunset:
My friend Sarah and me on the beach. I was pretty tan by the end of the trip.
While I was gone, B refinished our basement. Its almost done! We are hoping Home Depot will be in to put down the carpet in the next few days. I cannot wait to show you pics! I don't have "before" photos. It was too pitiful to document. Unless, of course, you are a sucker for wood panels, plaid carpet and dropped ceilings with florescent lights. I'm not, and I couldn't be more thrilled with how its turning out!
I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season! I'm happy to be home and getting back into my routine. Mainly, blogging! I've been out of sorts since my honeymoon. I guess it was because I was so focused on the wedding this Fall, I was sort of hungover from it all! LOL! I look forward to another great year of blogging and reading about all your fantastic adventures.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Can't wait to see some inspiration from your basement. We always talk about doing ours but never seem to actually do it!

Cool Gal said...

Looks like a lot of fun. You have a darling family.

Can't wait to see the basement. I'm in the process of remodeling downstairs as well. :) My head is spinning with ideas.

Are you really wearing a hair piece? Can't tell at all. Might have to check them out!

misss_e said...

You look great! Cant wait to see the basement! We understand your absence...I mean hey there is life to be lived!

Carrie said...

Glad you had a fun trip! I didn't know you were redoing your basement I can't wait for the pictures!

Minnesota Girl said...

Yay! Welcome back =)

Always Organizing said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I LOVE a good cosmo :)

Can't wait to see the "after" pics of the basement!

The Preppy Princess said...

So glad you had a good time despite the cold temps, and how fun to come back to the basement remodel! Can't wait for pix!

Smiles at you for the week ahead Miss Freckles,
tp