Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas

I saw this over at Just a Happy Housewife. I think it's fun! Feel free to fill it out too!

Tag, you're it! A Christmas Meme

1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
Cider

2. Turkey or Ham?
Neither, but if I have to choose, I'd go with Honey Glazed Ham.

3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
Fake. Next year, we plan to get a real one.

4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
Nope, we own a condo. Last year they put up lights, but not this year. :(


5. Snowball fights or sleddin’?
I'm too old for both.

6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
Downtown in the town where is live, is so magical during Christmas, that I love shopping there! Downtown Detroit is a dump, and there is no shopping there.

7. Favorite Christmas song?
Carol of the Bells

8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
I like them!

9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
I start the week of Thanksgiving. Any earlier is too early for me.

10. Stockings before or after presents?
After.

11. Go to someone else’s house or they come to you?
I'll be in Naples this year. I'll probably go to my Step-Mom's house, or the beach.

12. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
I hear it at Mass.

13. What do you do after presents and dinner?
Help clean up, and maybe watch a movie? It's not really set in stone.

14. What is your favorite holiday smell?
Gingerbread.

15. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Mall.

16. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
Growing up we opened gifts Christmas Eve, then Santa's gifts were saved for the morning. In past years, Bobby and I have done one at night, then the rest Christmas morning. This year, he and I will open them Monday night, because I leave Tuesday for FL.

17. Favorite Christmas memory?
The year my grandpa "called" the police station to check on Santa sightings, and to make sure the "flying conditions" were good for the sleigh. he also told us he saw an elf on our neighbor's roof checking to see if the coast was clear for Santa. We lost him in September, and I hadn't really thought of that Christmas in years, until recently. He made it so magical.

18. Favorite Part about winter?
Escaping the cold, the first snow. I really only need the one....

19. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Yes.

2 comments:

QueenBeeSwain said...

oooh stockings after! I hope the best presents are in there for you :) lovely little ones in small boxes!

great display, btw!

kHm

gucci handbags said...

I promise a desire to hope that the friends of mine are happy have not put like oneself happiness with coming the warm Christmas to like in every year's this time sending to my blessing Merry Christmas