Sunday, February 6, 2011

Recuperating

The surgery went well on Friday, and I've just been taking it easy the last couple days. When I first woke up in the recovery room Friday, my first thought was that I'd made a huge mistake because the pain was so great. The nurse injected some sort of pain medication into my IV, and I immediately felt high as a kite much better. So Friday was kinda fun for me actually! I felt great after we left the surgical center, and my mom spent the day with me. We had a lot of laughs with me attempting to get out of the car with my crutches! I've since gotten the hang of them.

Yesterday I slept most of the day. When I woke up, I was really sore again, and have been since. I think whatever they gave me at the surgical center has now completely left my system, and I have to take it really easy. It's OK though. I had no idea what to expect, and I know my recovery will take some time, but I'm glad I had the surgery. Plus, the pain meds do help and put me right to sleep which is good.

Yesterday, my mother-in-law sent me a Edible Bouquet, and it is delicious! Also, I found out I won Barefoot in the Park's Elizabeth McKay giveaway! Can you even think of anything else that would cheer me up more? I've been on cloud nine all day! This top will be the perfect addition to my Spring wardrobe and perfect for any upcoming political events! It's a very versatile piece. I really love Elizabeth McKay's clothes. I've been eyeing the B to B Dress for some time. I'd love to buy it for my college roommate's Rehearsal Dinner this Fall. I'm in her wedding, and I think this dress would be perfect for an October event. Plus, I once saw a photo of a young Jacqueline Kennedy (may have been before she married Jack, actually) in a very similar dress. I love the low cut back, a little sexy, but so understated, which is my style. I like unexpected, not overt sexiness.

I look forward to reading all your blogs over the next two weeks while I'm at home recuperating!

11 comments:

LPC said...

Heal quickly. And yes, I like Elizabeth's clothes quite a lot and I think the prize ought to be the perfect pickmeupper.

Cool Gal said...

Feel better soon! :)

LOVE the elephant top! So cute!

Never heard of this clothing line. I can't wait to browse the site.

Hugs to you!

Suburban Princess said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend!

Sandra said...

Take good care of yourself!! Wish I could bring you some homemade soup;-) xoxo

Always Organizing said...

Get well soon and enjoy your prize!!!

Mary Beth said...

Glad to hear that everything went well and that you are on the mend!

Take care!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Glad to hear everything went well and you are on the road to recovery! Take it easy and enjoy being waited on -totally the best part of having surgery/being sick/ or injured, ha!

The enchanted home said...

Didnt know oyu were having surgery but hope you are on the mend real soon, sounds like your spirits are up and reading peoples blogs is a great way to pass the time! Feel well and all the best.

Jackie said...

glad it went well!

Tapping World Summit 2011 said...

It sounds that you're doing well. Hoping for your fast recovery.

Rawai Guesthouse said...

Hope that everything will be better soon!