Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bridesmaid Dress

My friend decided on the below Badgley Mischka bridesmaid dress for us to wear. I tried this dress on, and I love it! I actually almost chose this same dress for my bridesmaids when I was planning my own wedding.
Our dresses will be pewter. The bride's dress is a stunning silk organza material, so I think satin will compliment it very well and be very formal for the reception space. I plan to have this dress cut to cocktail length and altered to fit like a pencil skirt after the wedding. I figure I can wear it again to another wedding (so long as the bridesmaids aren't in pewter!) or for dinner or a holiday party.

I have found several great shoe options. I am loving this pair from B.P. at Nordstrom.
Aren't these darling??? Probably not the most comfortable though. I'm not sure what we'll end up wearing. but I might just need these shoes regardless!

4 comments:

Cool Gal said...

those bridesmaid dresses are gorgeous! cutting it off is a great idea. thats a dress you'll actually be able to wear.

the shoes...LOVE 'em! i want a pair too! :)

Carrie said...

Love'm both!

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

Hello, found you over at Cool Gal. By bestie and I are looking at bridesmaid dresses as well, she's getting married next April (I however, am celebrating 9 years next week!) This dress is GORGEOUS! The shoes are fabulous too...

kim23 said...

You will surely look amazing in this Badgley Mischka bridesmaid dress! These shoes are fabulous and darling! I want a pair too!!