Monday, July 28, 2008

Tour de Church, Week Four

Photobucket
Yesterday I attended Mass at Holy Name, in downtown Birmingham. This church is beautiful and very close to my home. Also, I was so moved my the sermon. They has a visiting priest who is a missionary in Haiti. I started to get chocked up several times during the sermon and looked around to realize I wasn't alone. He spoke a bit about their work in Haiti, but he also spoke a lot about life here in America. The message is to fine a "little piece of heaven" everywhere. He spoke directly to parents, senior citizens and teens/young adults. It was so moving. I'm so glad I went, because I almost didn't. B had to work, and I was very tired from a Farewell Party I attended the night before. When B works, I don't mind going to Mass alone. I actually like it sometimes because I get some time alone and its very relaxing to attend Mass and then take myself for Starbucks to reflect on the sermon. This sermon chocked me up all day as I thought of it. Here is the link to Hands Together, the Catholic mission in Haiti. I literally gave them every dollar I had in my wallet, so I wasn't able to get tea afterwards! I was glad though.

Over the weekend, I attended my friend's going away party on Saturday night. On Saturday afternoon, my sister and I went shopping in town for the annual sidewalk sale. She got a bunch of neat stuff and I bought a Roots sweatshirt. I have a feeling a new obsession has emerged for me. they had tons of cute workout stuff too, but I'm on a budget, and I can get workout pants at Target!

B and I also had a little ice cream adventure. We went to Ray's in Royal Oak. I used to go here often when I was in middle school, because my school was close by. They have the most amazing cinnamon ice cream in the world there. I don't normally like regular ice cream (I prefer soft serve), but this is unbeatable!!! Here are some pictures from the evening:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope you all had a great weekend! I did, but I am still recovering from Lisa Garza's defeat last night. I will post about it later once I've truly recovered.

1 comment:

Monogramchick said...

Just wanted to say "hey". Found your blog through JGIWC. My dad grew up in Birmingham, MI--it is a great town!