Saturday, August 22, 2009

Soup!

B was away for work all week, and boy did I miss him! Well, to be honest the first two days I didn't really miss him, as I was busy working late, going to the gym in the morning and cleaning my house (which miraculously stayed clean all week long....hmmm....). By Wednesday, though, I was certainly lonely and missing B!

I'm at work today and he is driving home. He plans to stop here and take me to lunch! As a welcome home treat, I'm making this recipe for dinner tonight. I think it sounds delicious! I also bought frozen chocolate covered bananas for dessert.

I got a lot done yesterday including grocery shopping. When I returned home, I made Cucumber Yogurt Soup. My friend's family owns a wonderful Lebanese restaurant in my town, and I recently had lunch there. They offered this soup and I fell in love. I think this recipe is a pretty accurate replica, only I added more herbs, salt, and garlic to mine. I also only grated one cucumber and chopped the other. I think when I make this again, I'll add a bit of lemon juice and some onion. Its so refreshing and very low in fat. I used low fat yogurt, which really tastes the same to me. There is a variation of this recipe in Ina Garten's newest cookbook, Back to Basics that I will try also. If you haven't get checked out that book, I highly recommend it! Almost every recipe looks good.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! It has finally cooled down a bit here, and I have to admit its a nice break. I'm not really ready for the snow that will be here in a few months, but 90 and cloudy was getting old quickly.

8 comments:

Always Organizing said...

Glad your honey is on his way back. Have a wonderful weekend!

Suburban Princess said...

My house always stays so clean when my husband is away working - it is amazing how messy men are!

Your soup sounds yummy!

LPC said...

I'll be interested to hear how you like the cookbook as you work your way through it..

Torch Lake Prep said...

LOVE the Barefoot Contessa - she has the best tasting and simplest recipes!

Carrie said...

does this mean your reconsidering Florida? ;)

Beth Dunn said...

I hear you!!! xxoo

Rachel H. said...

That soup sounds disgusting..no offense, but I totally hate cucumbers! Ha-Ha! :)

Piper Jacquelyn said...

It cooled off here as well, which I love because that means FALL! I also love Ina Garten & really need to get that cookbook. It's been on my list forever!