Monday, September 21, 2009

Answers, Round 2

Okay, here goes round two!

Stevey asked: "How did B propose?"

*B took me on a vacation to Disney World last April (2008) and proposed to be on our first night there. We went to see La Nouba (Cirque du Soleil) in Downtown Disney that night. We had great seats, and afterward, B asked me to come and sit down on a bench near the La Nouba "tent". I honestly thought he had indigestion from dinner and needed to sit for a minute! He said how nice Disney was and how perfect the evening had been (I was very excited to see Cirque, so it was a really perfect night. Plus, we had seafood, my favorite, for dinner) and then asked me if I wanted it to be more perfect and told me to put out my hand and he placed the box in my hand. I was shocked! I had a hunch he planned to propose on the trip, but a few days before we left he told me he wasn't planning to propose and hadn't even started looking at settings. My grandmother had given him her diamond, which he pulled out of the box to prove it. Well, he had bought me a different ring all together, so I was pretty surprised when he gave it to me!

Rachel H asked: "What's your favorite food? And do you guys have any plans to start a family?"

*I have so many favorite foods! Seafood is certainly my favorite, and if I had to narrow it down in that category, Ahi Tuna seared with a little wasabi is something I could eat every night practically! That or sushi! I am working on getting more comfortable cooking seafood. I'd love to try to make a lobster Julia Child style!

We have no plans to start a family right away. I've never been a person who really wanted to be a mom. Just never really pictured that for myself. I have friends who just know that they want kids, I'm not like that. Now that B and I are getting married, I realize that if we ever decide to try, I'll have the best partner on that journey I could imagine! We will just have to see! I'm very excited to be privy to your pregnancy journey though, Rachel!

EntertainingMom asked: "What do you teach and how long have you been teaching? Did you ever try to get rid of your freckles like Jan Brady did? :)"
*I'm actually not a teacher, I'm a Library Aide in the Children's department of a public library. I do all the same things the librarians do, but I don't yet have my Master's degree. I love my job! I love working with children (most of the time!) and with the public in general. I'm not sure if I want to get my Master's or not. Right now I make a great living, and in most cases would take a pay cut if I were a librarian starting out! Crazy, I know. I'm not sure what I'll do next.

I have never attempted to remove my freckles! I love them! I think the fact that my paternal grandmother had them made it seem really cool to me as a kid. I'm the only member of my family except my grandmothers to be fair skinned and blue eyed! I look nothing like my mom and dad!

Queen Bee Swain said: "love you for those freckles- I've got 'em too- somehow they were more pronounced too in childhood. anywho- how did you and B meet? I know that you push it hard to be good w/ food like me- when you kick back and totally indulge- what's your fav' guilty pleasure food?! one last one since we both also have bangs- at what length do they get just too long and you have to get 'em trimmed- is there a part of your face that they hit/etc or are you in every x-amt of weeks?!"

*When I indulge, I go all out! My favorite guilty pleasure are hamburgers. I live near a restaurant that is voted best burgers every year in Metro-Detroit. They have Piedmontese beef which is insanely delicious! In fact, we had dinner there on Friday. I also love french fries, and I can't have a burger without them! My other indulgence is pizza. I love it! My favorite is thin crust from Domino's, or square from Jets (not sure if that's only a Michigan chain or not?). I also love the Brooklyn style! Boy, I could go on and on! I'm definitely more a savory person that a sweet person, but I do love Molten Lava Cake about once a year!

Great bang question! Do you find your bangs to be a pain sometimes? I do! I am so picky about them! Mine look the best when they fall just below my eyebrows to almost touching my eyelids. They're too long when they start to curl to the side because my lashes push them away! Ha! I don't have a set timeline for trims, I just go in and have them trimmed when I can no longer get them to fall they way I like. I do also sometimes trim them myself! I know that's terrible, but I'm getting pretty good at it!

MWK at Grace In Her Step asked: "Hmm. Who is your biggest inspiration? What have you always wanted to do? Are you living out your dreams?"

*Hmmm is right! These are a little harder for me to answer!In the past few years, I think Jacqueline Kennedy has become the biggest inspiration to me. She and I are very different, but I can relate to many of her life experiences. Her childhood much mirrored my own, her relationships with her sister and her family. She was also a political wife. Its not easy. She was so private, and I think she was able to balance that. I, however, am still working on it!

I've always wanted to be a success in whatever I'm doing at the time. When I was studying ballet, I lived it every second of the day and I flourished. Now, I am getting ready to be a wife and learning to keep a home. I've really thrown myself into learning to cook and decorate. I am active in politics because of B's career, but I'm also interested in it on my own, so I try to stay as informed as possible. I can't say what I've always wanted to do, because that is always changing, but whatever it is, I will pour myself into it 100%!

I am certainly living out my dreams! I am the happiest at this moment in my life than I think I ever have been, but I'll keep working hard and setting new goals and dreaming new dreams!

Domestic Diva asked: "My questions is ..how did you get the McCain sign in the yorkie picture!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!"
*I'm so sorry to admit that is not my dog, nor do I have any idea how the McCain sign got in that picture! My fiance sent me that picture in an email last Fall. I thought it was so cute, so I put it up. I didn't have to heart to take it down last November. :( We plan to adopt a dog in the next couple years, and when we do, I plan to dress him up in all sorts of GOP gear!

Thanks to all my readers who asked questions! I hope you know a little bit more about me now!

Here's a picture from my Bachelorette Party Saturday:


This is in the beginning of the night....like my Joan Halloway-esque shirt?

13 comments:

Molly said...

Love, love, love your answers. As you know I love Jackie! You really have the best hair!

Jessica Ryan said...

What a fun job! Great answers!

LPC said...

We'll call you Joan from now on, OK?

Rachel H. said...

Love your answers! Thanks for answering my questions, and I'm so glad that you get to hear all about my journey! Maybe it'll help you decide to have one of your own one day! :)

Lipstick said...

What a cool post! You are way cool with the Piedemontese Beef (and I really think I misspelled that...see you are cooler than me)

Michelle said...

Great post and really cute photo!!!

Carrie said...

Love the shirt....you should be Joan Halloway for Halloween.

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

I too am freckled! I loved reading this fun Q&A!

Unknown said...

Q&A's are such a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers :)

Anonymous said...

these are such great questions!! I love reading things like that and how adorable that he proposed at disney.

Julie said...

Great post! Enjoyed round two of answers just as much as round one :)

QueenBeeSwain said...

we're totally the same on bangs sister-friend. what is up with the weird curl to the side thing they do?!

kHm

Lynn said...

loved reading this. My fiance proposed to me at Downtown Disney as well on our trip to Florida during dinner! We're getting married in 2011. Love your blog.