Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your blogger friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post and paste into a new post on your blog, if you have one. Change all the answers so that they apply to you.
Yes, I know you're thinking "Please, another list?" Yes. Another list. I like hearing this kind of stuff about you all! LOVE IT. I can't wait to read your answers!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer wrapping gifts, but sometimes if its an awkward shape, I'll use a bag. They have really pretty bags at the dollar store near my house of all places!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? I like to get it up Thanksgiving weekend. This year, I didn't get it up until last weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down? I aim to get it down by the epiphany. This is sort of the last official day of the Christmas season in the Catholic church. Last year, I was felt like that was too early, so left it up a little longer.
5. Do you like eggnog? Love it!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I once got this pink Swan toy the had a huge pink key. The key unlocked the swans wings and it opened and you could hid things in there. I really loved that toy for some reason.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Its different every year! Normally, its my dad, but this year he gave me some ideas.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Sisters.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Not yet. I need one!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! This is the first year I sent them out. I promise to post a picture of them soon.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't recall ever getting a bad gift. Maybe if something didn't fit me, that could be considered bad.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Home Alone.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Just before Thanksgiving normally. I'm not really a last minute person. I am finishing up tonight!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies, pumpkin pie, and eggnog!
16. Lights on the tree? Of course!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carole of the Bells
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I usually stay home until the day after Christmas, then I go to Naples to visit my dad. This year, my sister and I will fly down Christmas Eve morning. I'm very excited to be with him on the actual day. In 24 years, that has never happened.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have a pretty bow.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Depends. When we were little we would open our presents from our mom on Christmas Eve and then open the Santa gifts in the morning. Now, my husband I wait until morning. Maybe one before bed.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who forget the spirit of the season.
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? A blue bird made of an acorn that was my moms when she was little. Its totally falling part, but I will never throw it out! I wrap it in bubble wrap every year and put it safely away.
24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? Gosh, I don't know. If I could have anything, I'd have lobster.
25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year? Enjoy being with my family. We're rarely all together in one place, and this year we will be!
26. Favorite Christmas tradition growing up? Leaving my grandparents home in Grosse Pointe after Christmas dinner and driving down Lakeshore Drive to see all the pretty lights.
27. Favorite tradition now? My husband and I are working on that. I think I'll always drive down Lakeshore, now he's with me!
28. Favorite Christmas Memory? When Santa brought my sister and me an extra present each because as the note said "we'd been so good all year"! I felt so proud of us both.
2 days ago