Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Garlic, Flowers, and Puberty...Oh My!

My husband brought me some homegrown garlic from a co-worker. This head of garlic had only three cloves. here is one next to a standard sized tablespoon: This is biggest garlic clove I've ever seen! I had to get a picture with something as scale. I used only this one clove in my tomato sauce on Sunday, it was more than enough!

I also wanted to share with you the flowers I got at the Farmer's Market a few weeks ago. The bouquet made two separate vasefuls. I had to display them up high and away from where my little cat could reach them! He thought eating the flowers was an option, I thought not.
Speaking of little D'artagnan, I think he's going through puberty. He is almost 6 months old, and out of control! When we were in the Irish Hills last month, he had some free time to discover that he can jump directly onto the counter, and from the windowsill to our kitchen table. I often come home to find him luxuriating on the kitchen table like he owns the place! I now have to put all bread and produce that might have once lived on my counter in the fridge or cabinets, because we've come home to find the kitchen ransacked, and little tears in the bread bag. He takes a teeny bit out of the bread, and then knocks the loaf around for a while.

Here is a recent photo I took while we were watching reality TV in my bed. He's a huge fan of the Housewives and the Kardashians. He clearly has excellent taste, and a HUGE tail! It's like a raccoon, only he is a munchkin (google it). He has really short legs, and a small body (he'll stay that way), but his tail is the size of a normal cat's!
I also love his mustache! Very debonair! I can totally tell his mood by looking at this picture. It's funny, but as I've gotten to know him, I can read him just like a human. Here he is saying, "Okay, Mom, I'll pose for your picture, but don't even think about asking me to move because I'm really comfy. You'll get a head turn and like it, lady!" He is certainly my little guy!

6 comments:

Posh Peach said...

Too cute! I love his big fluffy tail :)

alanna said...

oh my gosh, your kitten is ADORABLE!! and i just love garlic, so i would be THRILLED with that clove haha :)

Freck said...

Aw I love his mustache, too, and the flowers are oh so pretty :)

PS you're so right, all of the Kardashians rock the middle part so well. I can't believe I forgot them!

Always Organizing said...

He's such a cutie! Cats have the funniest expressions. My kitty (Lola) oftens looks at me with this face that says "You again? Puh-lease." Ha!

Kimberley said...

I love your ballerina figurines! Where did you get them?

Michelle said...

What a beautiful kitty!!!!