Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jackie Style


I've been reading another biography on Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis recently. I'm almost through it, and it's a great read! This book, Jackie Style, covers JBKO's style as it evolved over the years. As a young woman, through Camelot and Onassis to finally, her look when she worked in publishing (Hello Valentino!). She certainly set the standard in women's fashion, but knew when to leave one look behind and change her style.

I am now on the hunt for a classic Jackie style suit. 3/4 length sleeves and a slim cut skirt. Something like this:


Photo Credit

Jackie's style was truly timeless. Like many of you, I'm attracted to Lilly dresses, Tory Burch, and Kate Spade for their timeless and classic styles. Much of what Kate Spade designs looks like it arrived in a very chic time capsule from 1962. There are some vintage stores in my area, but I find many of them to feel like a Salvation Army. or extremely expensive. So I wonder, do you wear vintage? There is a fine line between looking timeless and classic and looking like you're wearing a costume. Please share if any of you have purchased vintage and how you wear it.

If you're interested in this book, you can probably get it at your library, or
here at Amazon.

3 comments:

DC GOP Girl said...

I LOVE Jackie's style! It so classy!

And I do wear vintage pieces. My more politico salary doesn't allow me to buy everything brand new, so I've definitely snagged a few amazing pieces from the local Salvation Army, among other places.

I'll have to take a pic of my most "costumey" dress sometime, but even -- I love it.

I think you just have to be selective and wait for the "must-have" pieces. They're totally out there.

XoXo,
DC GOP Girl

Suburban Princess said...

I do have some vintage pieces but I get them tailored so they look a bit more updated and fit me properly.

WhatMissLoves said...

I would love to wear vintage but I can never find anything in my size or that looks flattering. Maybe one day...

I think your blog is absolutely adorable! I'm new to the blogging world and I hope you can follow: WhatMissLoves