Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Chi and Pep

Chicago was fantastic! Thank you for all the well wishes. I'm so glad I was able to go, and I can't wait to plan another trip this summer. We did a lot of walking around the city, shopping, eating, and just hanging out! B and A want me to come back in July and celebrate my wedding. We're hoping to have tea at The Drake and go to the beach. I can't wait! I will post a few pictures soon.

I've been pretty busy since I returned home. My grandfather, Peppino (don't you love it? His name totally fits him too!) was admitted to the hospital on Friday and underwent open heart surgery today. He turned 91 in February. The doctors have assured us and him that his heart is stronger than some people 30 years younger than him, but he had some blockage and this is the best option. He has been in great spirits, though! He told me yesterday that now that he's having this surgery, he'll most definitely be at my wedding this Fall. I told him to think of a special song and we'll have a special dance together. I could write a novel about everything I love and respect about my grandfather! Instead, I'll just tell you that he has been one of the most influential people in my life and someone who has always made me feel proud of who I am. Please keep him in your prayers.

Grandpa with my sister (right) and my cousin (left) on Thanksgiving 2007.

10 comments:

Sweet, Sassy, Southern and Classy said...

This is precious! My grandpa is my favorite man in the whole world too. I will certainly be praying for yours. Be sure to keep us update.

PS- I left you something on my blog :)

Jane said...

That picture is priceless, sending positive thoughts your way.

Always Organizing said...

I will keep him in my prayers!

Unknown said...

Aren't Grandaddies the BEST! I lost mine 2 years ago February 11. We were very close. My Grandmother will be 90 in June & she's the next best thing.:)

I hope your "Pep" feels better soon.

Posh Peach said...

So glad you had a great time! Aw so sweet about your grandfather. I hope he continues to get strong and better! I love the Flower and Garden festival. So cool! And yes, I did get a free dessert from wearing my pin :) I plan on doing it at lunch and dinner tomorrow as well hehe. I figured, why not go all out!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Glad to hear your trip was great!

Certainly keeping Peppino in my thoughts!

QueenBeeSwain said...

glad you had a ball and thinkin' happy thoughts for your darling peppino

kHm

Carrie said...

I hope he's doing well! His picture is adorable!

Miss Janice said...

Hope that your grandfather is doing well! He certainly looks like a happy man in that photo.

Cool Gal said...

Sending good thoughts your way.

Going to Chicago in a couple of weeks for a hockey tournament. So much to do, so little time!