Tuesday, September 6, 2011

October Wedding

I've mentioned that I'm a bridesmaid this October in my college roommate's wedding. I am finding it very fun to be on the other side of the wedding planning process. Instead of being the bride, I get to relax a bit, but I'm still able to be involved. I really enjoyed planning my own wedding, and I'm enjoying being a sounding board for the bride. Also, it's fun to be apart of another wedding with a completely different "vision" than my own. The bride has more contemporary taste, and her wedding is being held in an art museum with a modern aesthetic. I love it! Her invitations are so cool, and the color scheme is very chic.

She pretty laid back, so she let us have a lot of input on the bridesmaid dresses we liked. She finally decided on Badgley Mischka, and they're lovely. We ordered pewter. When the dresses arrived, they are a warmer tone then we'd expected. Initially, I was thinking if the charcoal shoes we liked didn't match, we'd go with silver. However, the dresses has a much warmer undertone, almost taupe. I went to Nordstrom and found these shoes: The color is a beautiful blush pink which compliments the warm undertones of the dress.





I was thrilled when the bride said she liked them too! Then, I was looking in September's Bazaar, and I saw this:






I guess we're are very on trend with our shoes! They also come in ivory, so I hope the bride was able to find them in her size. They compliment the design of her gown perfectly!

I swear, I missed my calling! I think working in a bridal boutique would have been right up my alley! Styling wedding parties would be such fun! Thankfully, I can take credit for these fantastic shoes! :) I know we'll all be wearing them often after the wedding weekend!

3 comments:

LPC said...

Those are killer shoes. Love the flappy bit:).

Emily said...

oh my I love those shoes!! They are going to look great with that dress!!

Unknown said...

those shoes are fabulous!