Tuesday, September 6, 2011

October Wedding

I've mentioned that I'm a bridesmaid this October in my college roommate's wedding. I am finding it very fun to be on the other side of the wedding planning process. Instead of being the bride, I get to relax a bit, but I'm still able to be involved. I really enjoyed planning my own wedding, and I'm enjoying being a sounding board for the bride. Also, it's fun to be apart of another wedding with a completely different "vision" than my own. The bride has more contemporary taste, and her wedding is being held in an art museum with a modern aesthetic. I love it! Her invitations are so cool, and the color scheme is very chic.

She pretty laid back, so she let us have a lot of input on the bridesmaid dresses we liked. She finally decided on Badgley Mischka, and they're lovely. We ordered pewter. When the dresses arrived, they are a warmer tone then we'd expected. Initially, I was thinking if the charcoal shoes we liked didn't match, we'd go with silver. However, the dresses has a much warmer undertone, almost taupe. I went to Nordstrom and found these shoes: The color is a beautiful blush pink which compliments the warm undertones of the dress.





I was thrilled when the bride said she liked them too! Then, I was looking in September's Bazaar, and I saw this:






I guess we're are very on trend with our shoes! They also come in ivory, so I hope the bride was able to find them in her size. They compliment the design of her gown perfectly!

I swear, I missed my calling! I think working in a bridal boutique would have been right up my alley! Styling wedding parties would be such fun! Thankfully, I can take credit for these fantastic shoes! :) I know we'll all be wearing them often after the wedding weekend!

4 comments:

LPC said...

Those are killer shoes. Love the flappy bit:).

Emily said...

oh my I love those shoes!! They are going to look great with that dress!!

Ashley Brooke said...

those shoes are fabulous!

wedding dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.